HMO Cash Flow Investment Calculator
This HMO investment calculator is for assessing potential HMO investment properties return on investment and monthly cashflow.
HMO refers to houses of multiple occupation. The calculator could also be used for other property types, singles AST lets, holiday lets and service accommodation if required.
The calculator below is the same one that I have used for many years when looking at potential investment properties. This is not meant to be a black and white tool to say if something is good or bad investment. There are a huge number of factors involved. But this HMO calculator does at the least give you an idea of the potential cashflow that an investment property might achieve.
The calculator doesn’t account for taxation which is a large cost with any profitable venture and should be considered based on your individual tax position. Seek professional tax advice.
To use the calculator, you will first need to calculate your stamp duty. We have a stamp duty calculator for that – Stamp Duty Calculator for England & Wales.
How to use the HMO calculator.
- Boxes containing a ? is where you enter your figures.
- Answers or results are in the boxes with red bold labels.
- Use our Stamp Duty Calculator to get your stamp duty figure.
- You do not need to enter a figure in every box for it to work.
- You can save it by going to print page in your browser and printing the page to a PDF.
Leave A Comment